home about contact blogs i love featured linky parties

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Birds Nest Treats

I have been seeing these all around Blogland lately and I just thought they were too cute!

So of course, I had to make them too!

I just kind of combined what other people did to make mine!

I used a bag of chocolate chips- my bag was actually a mixture of chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
1 bag of Chow Mien Noodles
And for the eggs I used Reese's PB Eggs {YUM}


Melt the chocolate in the microwave and then mix in the bag of noodles. Once it is all mixed up, take big spoonfuls and place them on wax paper and then stick a couple eggs on top. {notice the one on the bottom row with noodles not coated in chocolate? Yeah- my 3 year old thought it needed some more noodles so she put them on for me. Isn't she a great helper? LOL}

Once I had mine all made, I put them in the fridge for a few minutes to get hard.



My daughter had a blast putting all the eggs on these! {hence the reason some of the eggs have chocolate spots- she kept finding "better" spots to put the eggs after it was down!}

After they set in the fridge, we {I} wrapped them up in some tulle and tied them with a bow!


Cute huh?


After I realized making these with Peanut Butter probably wasn't the best idea with all the allergies these days, but I just made sure to let the teacher know that they had Peanut Butter in them and to let all the parents know!


I was going to add a little tag to say who they were from, but I got lazy ran out of time!  We did these last night for her to bring to school today!


2 comments:

  1. Yum. Do you do overnight shipping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you wrapped them up like little gifts. Mine were a big hit at our church pot luck lunch on Palm Sunday. http://cassoncorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/nest-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you! :) (seriously, I do! It makes me so happy when I get a comment!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...