Sunday, March 13, 2011

2x4 Lucky Sign

I usually don't decorate for all the holidays {meaning, Christmas was the only one}.

But since Sam is getting older I thought it would be a fun tradition to decorate for ALL of them!

My New Year's Resolution this year was to make more of an effort decorating for each holiday.

Sounds fun... but um, I don't have ANY decorations.

And I am NOT about to go out and buy a ton.

So I will slowly start making some and start a collection.

I started with my St. Patty's Day Wreath

And this weekend I made this 'Lucky' sign.

Although it is really simple, I actually LOVE how it turned out!



Photobucket

I used a scrap piece of 2x4 from a project the hubster did a couple weeks ago,
sanded it down and pained it white.

DON'T SHOOT ME.... but I don't really like spray paint. GASP! That's right, I said it.

I know it is what all the cool bloggers do... but I just don't love it.

Maybe it is user error and I am the problem, but it just never works out right for me.

I prefer paint and a paint brush.

Anyhoodles.... after I painted it I cut the letters out with my Cricut and used the SCAL software and cut the 4 leaf clover.

Mod Podged them on, added a little bling on a couple letters and the clover, wrapped it in ribbon and Wa-La!

My super simple {but adorable} Lucky sign!






Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here it is on the shelf. Right next to my "pot of gold" and a wedding picture :)



Photobucket




Thanks for stopping by!

Here is where I link up!

16 comments:

  1. Love it!! And, I have to confess, while I like spray paint, it never seems to work right for me either!

    Would you share what font you used for this? I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fabulous!
    I am kinda with you on the spray paint thing.
    Some thing just need to be spray painted but, mostly I paint things by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the Alphalicious Cartridge with my Cricut for this! :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the polkadots and ribbon and I love the bling too! I'm like you, I don't really have other deco and I like to keep things to a minimum, but it is fun, so I got the stuff yesterday to make a sign for my mantel. You can see it tomorrow (hopefully) on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute sign. I love the ribbon. I featured your towel cakes at DIY Home Sweet Home. Be sure to stop by and grab your "I was featured button"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I would tie ribbons on everything if I could! Adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this! TOO CUTE!!

    http://craigslistqueen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable sign! I totally love it. The polkadots & bling totally make the sign. Thanks for sharing!

    http://craftysix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog MAKE THE BEST OF WHAT'S AROUND and leaving a comment! Happy day to you =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love the little bits of bling you added to the sign, and the ribbon is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm hosting a Throwback Thursdays Party, and would love it if you swung by and linked up something you made/bought/did from before blogging. I can't wait to see what you bring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still on the fence as far as spray paint goes! It never works right for me either, plus i don't have a huge outdoor space to haul pieces outside to paint! I have to resort to painting furniture in my living room!
    I also love that you have a cricut! I love my cricut but it feels everyone in blog world has a silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative. I love you lucky sign.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This blog always create some informational and amazing things, which add in my knowledge and experience.But I am a bit confuse.A Thanks for sharing.Waiting for next post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you know that you can shorten your links with AdFly and earn cash from every click on your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you! :) (seriously, I do! It makes me so happy when I get a comment!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...