home about contact blogs i love featured linky parties

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Calling All Sewers...

Is "sewers" the right term even? Who knows...

ANYWAYS-

My parents bought me a new sewing machine for my birthday- Woo Hoo!!!

BUT- I have NO idea how to sew!

Anyone have any tips?

Or good starter projects?

I am itching to use it, but I have NO clue where to start!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)




And since every post deserves a picture- here is a picture of me and all my girlfriends from my Birthday party the other night! (I am on the bottom left!)



I am hoping some of my readers will have some good sewing tips for me! 


5 comments:

  1. I'm a beginner sewer as well. I have some pretty simple projects I've done on my blog. Pillowcase or bandana dresses are fun & simple, I've heard pennants are pretty easy, too. Quilts are a big project, but rag quilts are fun and really simple. Basically straight stitches all the way through, and no having to sew edges! :)

    Good luck & congratulations on such a fun present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a TON of great tutorials everywhere on different blogs but one of my favorites is polkadotchair.blogspot.com Craft Gossip is also a great place to find great beginner tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say just jump right in with whatever projects you are dying to try. I couldn't stand doing most of the simple projects because they got boring to me, so I just chose a few that were a little more difficult and learned along the way. One of the best beginner blogs that I have found is MADE (http://www.dana-made-it.com/) because her step by step guides and pictures make any project super simple. I've been sewing for just over a year and have a few simple projects on my blog as well (http://homestitched.blogspot.com). I also recommend learning your machine. Most machines come with a couple of classes at when you buy them, if yours did not, then read the manual and really figure out how to use your machine. They are all a lot more different that you might think and knowing how to use yours is the best way to ensure your success. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a seamstress but I love to sew. I have found the best tutorials with easy to follow instructions on makeitandloveit.blogspot.com. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you! :) (seriously, I do! It makes me so happy when I get a comment!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...