home about contact blogs i love featured linky parties

Friday, October 14, 2011

Canvas Art- Tutorial

The past month has been chaos in my house!

We remodeled our master bath and since that was going to be all new, I decided to paint our bedroom and get all new bedding!

We moved in to this house about 2 years ago and I have decorated every room but the master. I just didn't know what I wanted. I only had one wedding picture on the wall and that's it.

Now that is is painted I decided it was time to get something, anything, up on the walls!

I went to Michaels and came home with these


Photobucket

Some 16 x 20 blank canvas
sticker foam letters
white spray paint


Since this was going in the master bedroom, I wanted something 'romantic'. I decided to use a quote from our wedding song "Bless The Broken Road" by Rascall Flatts.

I just peeled and stuck the letters to the canvas ( I only used the white letters from the pack). **If I were to do this again, I would probably put Mod Podge down first to help them stick. The foam sticky stuff isn't very sticky.

After I had all the letters on I took it outside and sprayed it with the white spray paint. This step could probably be skipped, but I was thinking it would make everything the same color white.

After I had the quote on there, I also decided to add the year we got married to the bottom corner.

Photobucket


I LOVE how this turned out!


Photobucket

 


I am planning on doing something with the extra canvases to hang on each side of this. So look for that in a future post!

But for now, I am enjoying this one! I just need to go hang it on my wall now!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you! :) (seriously, I do! It makes me so happy when I get a comment!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...