Thursday, May 5, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

My 3 year old goes to school 2 days a week for 2 hours a day.

And she LOVES it. And she LOVES her teachers!

So I had to do something for Teacher Appreciation Week.

I saw these last year and have had them bookmarked ever since!

So of course, I had to make them this year!







I decided to add flowers to the front of mine.  I just took some silk hydrangeas and glued them on, and then added a jewel to the center of the flower.

I actually used E6000 glue for attaching the ribbon, paper and flowers. I thought it would make it a little more secure, but I am sure the glue dots would have worked just fine.

And then I saw this the other day and thought the saying was too cute not to use! But I just hand wrote my saying and attached it to a bag of Smarties with the same ribbon I used on the boxes.









Sam will be bringing them to school with her today!







I put some distress ink on the edges of the paper. And I must confess, I really have no idea how you are 'supposed' to apply that stuff. I don't think mine looks right, but oh well! It will have to do!







ThI found the glitter stickers for the names at Michaels.









Don't forget to heat seal your ribbon ends! :)  No one likes frayed ribbon! {Or is that just me? It is a pet peeve of mine, I heat seal ribbon no matter what I use it on! I heat sealed the ends on the bags of Smarties too!}





 Then I filled the insides with lots of goodies!









I hope her teachers like them!!

Thank you to ALL the teachers out there!!!! 

5 comments:

  1. Those are seriously way to cute! I will for sure have to make these next year. Way to go Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!! Would love for you to link it to my Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party sometimes. :)

    http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/05/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-party.html

    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a teacher - thank you so much! It would be terrific if all parents thought like you :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fatty liver causes symptoms treatment fatty liver causes symptoms treatment fatty liver
    causes symptoms treatment

    my homepage :: non-alcoholic fatty liver medication

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you! :) (seriously, I do! It makes me so happy when I get a comment!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...